Business Development Manager
Want to work for a dynamic company that feels like a startup yet offers the perks of companies several times its size? With its market leadership and rapid growth, Diesel laptops may be the place for you! Diesel laptops recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. We take care of you by offering outstanding benefits (including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, and LTD), ample paid time off, a 401(k) with company match, and professional education so that you can perform at your best and grow your skills.
In order to take the organization to the next level, we are seeking a business development manager to execute the goals, strategies, and tactics of a sales plan targeted at the market's largest accounts and prospects. The manager must adhere to the sales strategy developed with senior management to ensure compliance to strategy. A specific sales plan should be developed with senior management for specific territories with emphasis on the largest accounts and prospects.
In our efforts to keep everyone at Diesel Laptops safe and healthy we are abiding by the health and safety precautions recommended by the CDC and the WHO to help prevent the transmission and/or contraction of COVID – 19 by social distancing, providing face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and temperature checks to all employees working on site.
- Meet and exceed annual sales quota by selling new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and selling the entire bundle of Diesel Laptops products and services.
- Seek out new opportunities, pitch, demo, and close independently.
- Retain and expand existing accounts.
- Develop and implement individual account plans that strengthen relationships with key decision- makers and uncover new customer applications for additional Diesel Laptops products.
- Implement a major account sales plan that includes sales strategies, territory focus, identification of high potential vertical markets, and new business development strategies, and existing account penetration plans.
- Develop individual sales plans that outline monthly revenue objectives by product line, weekly activity objectives, and personal development plans and objectives.
- Gather competitive information and assist in the development of new products based on market and specific customer needs.
- Negotiate contracts with new clients as well as maintain relationships with key contacts in large accounts.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts to establish annual budgets and to plan for additional resources needed to achieve corporate goals.
- Articulate our products and services and how they will be delivered and maintained to our customers.
- Use appropriate/designated sales and CRM tools to update management and share information in real time.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be tech-savvy and completely self-sufficient in the selling process.
- Functional knowledge of sales and CRM tools such as Salesforce.
- 5-7 years’ experience in the following areas:
- Selling technology products, software as a service (Saas), and data as a service (DaaS) to large enterprise accounts and prospects.
- Selling into transportation, specifically the commercial truck repair industry, with a proven record of success.
- Business development; acquiring major business accounts.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related major, or a combination of education and experience.
- 2 or 4-year degree in computer science or related major.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience is required. Access to portfolio of work will be requested upon interview.