Diesel Mechanic Technician
If you have hands-on diesel technician experience but are tired of working on the shop floor, this is the job for you! Due to our continued rapid growth, we’re frequently looking for qualified, experienced Diesel Mechanics to join our team.
This job entails assisting our loyal customers remotely with identifying and troubleshooting issues using our diesel diagnostic tools. We can teach you the “computer” side of the job, but we want someone with commercial diesel truck and heavy equipment experience. You will be assisting our clients over the phone, webchat, and via remote access. This is an in-store position at our Irmo, SC headquarters.
In our efforts to keep everyone at Diesel Laptops safe and healthy we are abiding by the recommendations suggested by the CDC and the WHO by social distancing, providing face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and temperature checks to all employees working on site.
- Provide first-level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues.
- Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support
- Track, route, and redirect problems to correct resources.
- Update customer data.
- Walk customers through the problem-solving process.
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback, and see problems through to resolution.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customer’s expectations.
- Ensure proper recording, documentation, and closure on all work tickets.
- Recommended procedure modifications or improvements
- Preserve and grow knowledge of help desk procedures, products, and services.
- Strong background with computers, either through previous work experience or education
- Customer service oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of software installation process
- General troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Willing to learn product-specific troubleshooting.
- Must be a team player.
- 3+ years of knowledge in the following areas:
- Diesel engine performance; def systems and regenerations
- Heavy-duty diagnostic software (Cummins Insite, Navistar, Diagnostic Link 8, Davie 4, Wabco)
- Troubleshooting and repairing electrical issues for heavy-duty equipment and diesel trucks
- Heavy-duty suspension and air brake repair
- Removing and replacing components on diesel engines and automatic and manual transmissions
High school diploma or equivalent
A.S.E. Certification preferred
$20.00 to $27.00 / hour