Director of Marketing
We are Diesel Laptops, one of South Carolina’s fastest-growing companies! Founded in 2015, Diesel Laptops has grown from 1 employee to 175 employees and nearly $50,000,000 in annual sales in just 6 short years. After outgrowing several buildings, we’ve now put down roots in Irmo, SC, where this position will be based. We’re currently an industry leader in providing diagnostic solutions to fleets and repair shops. Whether it’s on-highway (like tractor-trailers), off-highway (like cranes and similar heavy equipment), or marine (like powerboats), if it has a diesel engine, we help fix it by providing world- quality diagnostic kits, repair information, parts information, and related training services.
We currently have an immediate opening for Marketing Director to join our team. The Marketing Director will report directly to the CEO. They will be able to develop, manage, and execute an overall marketing strategy to generate leads and brand awareness for all Diesel Laptops products and brands. This will be both a strategic and tactical role, collaborating across the organization to meticulously implement and measure a marketing strategy for scalable growth.
In our efforts to keep everyone at Diesel Laptops safe and healthy we are abiding by the health and safety precautions recommended by the CDC and the WHO to help prevent the transmission and/or contraction of COVID – 19 by social distancing, providing face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and temperature checks to all employees working on site.
- Build, manage, and coach a high-performing marketing team.
- Create, oversee, and execute the annual marketing plan, strategy, and team.
- Identify and plan differentiated and impactful marketing strategies.
- Drive the implementation of marketing campaigns that meet business objectives and drive leads.
- Direct and support market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data for short and long-term market forecasts and reports.
- Analyze and report campaign, platform, and product metrics to key stakeholders.
- Maintain brand standards and ensure compliance across all marketing and communications channels.
- Identify competitors and evaluate their strategies and positioning and devise counter strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO, PPC, social media, etc.) and market research methods.
- Demonstratable experience developing and executing strategic plans and multifaceted marketing campaigns.
- Data-driven with demonstrable experience in marketing data analytics and tools (Google Analytics, Adwords).
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office and marketing automation tools (Salesforce)
- Strong writing, editing, and project management skills.
- Must be well-organized and detail oriented.
- Must have excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
- 7-10 years of strategic marketing and management experience with a focus on internet SaaS marketing.
- Experience developing marketing strategies for start-up organizations.
- Experience with using metrics to justify marketing spending and the ability to adjust spending based on results.
- Experience using Salesforce Pardot marketing software.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Mass Communications required.
Master’s Degree in Marketing or Mass Communications preferred.
Google Adwords and Analytics Certifications are a plus.