Entry-level Production/Computer Technician
We are Diesel Laptops, one of South Carolina’s fastest-growing companies! Founded in 2015, Diesel Laptops has grown from 1 employee to 175 employees and nearly $50,000,000 in annual sales in just 6 short years. After outgrowing several buildings, we’ve now put down roots in Irmo, SC, where this position will be based. We’re currently an industry leader in providing diagnostic solutions to fleets and repair shops. Whether it’s on-highway (like tractor-trailers), off-highway (like cranes and similar heavy equipment), or marine (like powerboats), if it has a diesel engine, we help fix it by providing world- quality diagnostic kits, repair information, parts information, and related training services.
We have an immediate opening for an entry-level Production / Computer Technician to join our team. The Production / Computer Technician will report directly to the Production Manager. They will follow a process that includes performing remote software installation on our client’s computers and diagnostic kits, accurately documenting their work, reporting any issues to management, and preparing the kits to be shipped to our customers.
In our efforts to keep everyone at Diesel Laptops safe and healthy we are abiding by the health and safety precautions recommended by the CDC and the WHO to help prevent the transmission and/or contraction of COVID – 19 by social distancing, providing face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and temperature checks to all employees working on site.
- Adhere to production schedules, metrics, and processes for building complete diagnostic kits.
- Setting up completed diagnostic kits and preparing them for shipment.
- Work with Customer Service and Training departments to help assemble special order diagnostic kits.
- Will provide support to other departments regarding issues with diagnostic kits.
- Ensuring diagnostic kits are built to standards and ready to be shipped to the customer on time.
- Keep track of inventory utilizing web-based inventory software.
- Performs equipment failure analyses on diagnostic laptops, software, and accessories.
- Check for physical and functional defects and identify and distinguish quality rejections.
- Investigate ongoing product issues and alert customer service and sales departments.
- Must be able to work well independently and with teammates.
- Strong background with computers, either through previous work experience or education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of software installation process.
- General troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Willing to learn product-specific troubleshooting.
- 1-2 years’ experience repairing laptop computers.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate's degree in Information Technology preferred.
$16 - $18 per hour