Entry-Level Software Developer
We are Diesel Laptops, one of South Carolina’s fastest-growing companies! Founded in 2015, Diesel Laptops has grown from 1 employee to 175 employees and nearly $50,000,000 in annual sales in just 6 short years. We’re currently an industry leader in providing diagnostic solutions to fleets and repair shops. Whether it’s on-highway (like tractor-trailers), off-highway (like cranes and similar heavy equipment), or marine (like powerboats), if it has a diesel engine, we help fix it by providing world- quality diagnostic kits, repair information, parts information, and related training services.
We are designing software with a mission to revolutionize the transportation industry and are frequently looking for motivated, passionate, entry-level programmers to join our team of developers. If this sounds like it would be the perfect job for you, then look no further!
In our efforts to keep everyone at Diesel Laptops safe and healthy we are abiding by the recommendations suggested by the CDC and the WHO by social distancing, providing face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and temperature checks to all employees working on site.
- Create, maintain, and debug PHP Web API's.
- Follow coding standards and create clean readable documented code.
- Test for errors to ensure reliability prior to deployment.
- Work with the team to create solutions to complex problems.
- Provide assistance with DevOps including creating/maintaining Bash scripts and working with AWS CodeDeploy.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must exhibit strong decision-making and organizational skills.
- Possess meticulous attention to detail.
- Comfortable working to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing environments.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Must have an interest in object-oriented programming.
- 2+ years’ experience writing object-oriented programs with one or more of the following skills:
- Visual Basic
- Familiarity with more than one O-O language is preferred.
- 2 or 4-year degree in computer science or related major.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience is required. Access to portfolio of work will be requested upon interview.
$45,000.00 - $55,000.00 / year