Entry-level Vehicle Software Engineer
We are Diesel Laptops, one of South Carolina’s fastest-growing companies! Founded in 2015, Diesel Laptops has grown from 1 employee to 175 employees and nearly $50,000,000 in annual sales in just 6 short years. After outgrowing several buildings, we’ve now put down roots in Irmo, SC, where this position will be based. We’re currently an industry leader in providing diagnostic solutions to fleets and repair shops. Whether it’s on-highway (like tractor-trailers), off-highway (like cranes and similar heavy equipment), or marine (like powerboats), if it has a diesel engine, we help fix it by providing world- quality diagnostic kits, repair information, parts information, and related training services.
Do you like taking things apart to see what makes them tick? Are you the kind of person that has ever purchased a product and said to yourself, I could make this work so much better? If you are, and you have experience coding, this is the job for you!!
We have an immediate need for motivated entry-level programmers to join our team of automotive and truck diagnostic software developers. The applicant must be open to learning automotive protocols and recommended practices, able to analyze and troubleshoot existing C applications, may be required to sift through data log files to identify undocumented messages for inclusion in new or existing applications. Perform field tests with automotive technicians on occasion, present suggestions and ideas for changes to existing applications, or present ideas for new applications related to the automotive and trucking industry.
In our efforts to keep everyone at Diesel Laptops safe and healthy we are abiding by the health and safety precautions recommended by the CDC and the WHO to help prevent the transmission and/or contraction of COVID – 19 by social distancing, providing face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and temperature checks to all employees working on site.
- Help build diagnostic products from the ground up – join our other engineering team to create diagnostic tools that are changing the industry.
- Knows or can learn the vehicle bus protocols and who can figure out the purpose and format of undocumented messages. (C or C++)
- Maintains, updates, and writes new protocols for diagnostic products (Backend – C#, C or C++)
- Support the unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions.
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance.
- Design interfaces to improve user experience.
- Liaise with product development team to plan new features.
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards.
- Research and suggest new products, applications, and protocols.
- Stay up to date with new technology trends.
- Must exhibit strong decision-making and organizational skills.
- Possess meticulous attention to detail.
- Comfortable working to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing environments.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, high volume, fast-paced environment.
- 1-3 years with C-based coding
- Troubleshoot and debug software.
- Can design intuitive and user-friendly Graphic User Interfaces and dialogs natively or through the use of 3rd party add-ons.
$50,000.00 - $55,000.00 / year