Front End Developer
This position will work with and support the Marketing Team to create web content including webpages, story-branded landing pages, blog posts, promotional videos, email campaigns, trade show displays and miscellaneous marketing/sales collateral.
The ideal candidate should be a highly creative thinker who can utilize HTML, CSS3, PHP and Liquid to develop customer interfaces on a variety of corporate projects. They should exhibit the acumen to create their own content including photos, videos, vector illustrations and animations. To ensure success, the Front End Developer should exhibit strong decision-making and organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, and be comfortable working to meet strict deadlines.
- Design and maintain a variety of customer facing websites, including blogs and ecommerce sites created in both WordPress and Shopify.
- Create custom innovative solutions to web design issues to help make company websites more visually appealing and enhance usability and the user experience.
- Produce professional quality product photographs and promotional videos for use in ecommerce listings, blog posts, social media, print publications and more.
- Help to bring new ideas for design and content creation to the team using expertise related to professional, sophisticated design and brand identity.
- Other duties as assigned
Excellent written and verbal communications skills as would be needed to communicate in person, by phone, and through email; adaptability and flexibility to changing environment; and comfortable working in a dynamic, high volume, fast-paced environment. The following technical skills are also required:
- Advanced experience (2-5 years) in front end WordPress development
- Advanced experience (2-5 years) in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with designing ecommerce stores in Shopify and coding in Liquid
- Basic experience with professional cameras and lighting systems to assist in marketing video production efforts
- Basic experience with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Basic experience with writing blog content and copy for product listings
College degree in Mass Communications, Graphic Design, Computer Science or similar fields is preferred but not required.