Front End Web Designer
We are Diesel Laptops, one of South Carolina’s fastest-growing companies! Founded in 2015, Diesel Laptops has grown from 1 employee to 175 employees and nearly $50,000,000 in annual sales in just 6 short years. After outgrowing several buildings, we’ve now put down roots in Irmo, SC, where this position will be based. We’re currently an industry leader in providing diagnostic solutions to fleets and repair shops. Whether it’s on-highway (like tractor-trailers), off-highway (like cranes and similar heavy equipment), or marine (like powerboats), if it has a diesel engine, we help fix it by providing world-quality diagnostic kits, repair information, parts information, and related training services.
We currently have an immediate opening for a Front End Web Designer to join our team. The Front End Web Designer will report directly to the Director of Marketing. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker who will work with and support the marketing team to create web content including webpages, story-branded landing pages, blog posts, promotional videos, and email campaigns. This person will mainly use the web to deliver our content but could also create physical trade show displays and banners, flyers, PDF's, business cards, and other miscellaneous marketing/sales collateral.
In our efforts to keep everyone at Diesel Laptops safe and healthy we are abiding by the health and safety precautions recommended by the CDC and the WHO to help prevent the transmission and/or contraction of COVID – 19 by social distancing, providing face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and temperature checks to all employees working on site.
Examples of the Front End Web Designer's job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Design and maintain a variety of customer-facing websites, including blogs and e-commerce sites created in both WordPress and Shopify.
- Create custom innovative solutions to web design issues to help make company websites more visually appealing and enhance usability and the user experience.
- Produce professional quality product photographs and promotional videos for use in e-commerce listings, blog posts, social media, print publications, and more.
- Help to bring new ideas for design and content creation to the team using expertise related to professional, sophisticated design and brand identity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Must be well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Must have excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as on a team.
ExperienceMust have 2 -5 years experience in the following:
- Front end WordPress development
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Designing e-commerce stores in Shopify and coding in Liquid
- Salesforce CRM
- Basic experience in the following:
- Professional cameras and lighting systems to assist in marketing video production efforts.
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Writing blog content and copy for product listings
Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications, Graphic Design, Computer Science, or related field.
Job type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 / year