IT Support Technician I
We are Diesel Laptops, one of South Carolina’s fastest-growing companies! Founded in 2015, Diesel Laptops has grown from 1 employee to 185 employees and nearly $50,000,000 in annual sales in just 6 short years. After outgrowing several buildings, we’ve now put down roots in Irmo, SC, where this position will be based. We’re currently an industry leader in providing diagnostic solutions to fleets and repair shops. Whether it’s on-highway (like tractor-trailers), off-highway (like cranes and similar heavy equipment), or marine (like powerboats), if it has a diesel engine, we help fix it by providing world-quality diagnostic kits, repair information, parts information, and related training services.
We currently have an immediate opening for an entry-level IT Support Technician to join our team. The IT Support Technician I is responsible for working with customers effecting quick and permanent solutions when issues or requests are reported by the end user. The ideal candidate should have a strong background with computers and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. To ensure success, the IT Support Technician I should exhibit strong organizational and communication skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
In our efforts to keep everyone at Diesel Laptops safe and healthy, we are abiding by the health and safety precautions recommended by the CDC and the WHO to help prevent the transmission and/or contraction of COVID–19 by social distancing, providing face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and temperature checks to all employees working on site.
- Manage incoming calls and customer service inquiries; provide first level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues by walking customers through a problem solving process
- Track, route and properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support
- Identify and assess customers' needs to achieve customer satisfaction; follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure by creating detailed records regarding reported requests, issues, and solutions; update customer data and produce activity reports
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers' expectations
- Preserve and grow knowledge of help desk procedures, products and services; recommend procedure modifications and/or improvements
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and controls; follow communication procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Other duties as assigned
Education Level Required:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Strong background in computers, either through previous work experience or education. Strong background in customer service and/or technical support.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills as would be needed to communicate in person, by phone, and through email; adaptability and flexibility to changing conditions; comfortable working in a dynamic, high volume, fast-paced environment. Ability to read, write, evaluate, and apply information. Ability to interact professionally and exhibit appropriate social skills. Ability to maintain confidential information and professional boundaries. Ability to understand and ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and laws. Ability to develop and maintain business relationships. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
English / Spanish bilingual skills desirable, but not required.
Sitting for long periods of time; standing occasionally; walking; bending; squatting; kneeling; pushing/pulling; reaching; twisting; frequent lifting of less than 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs.; typing; data entry; grasping; transferring items between hands and/or to another person or receptacle; use of office equipment to include computers.
Available as needed with appropriate notice, but no significant travel is anticipated for this position.
Casual attire permitted. Professional attire may occasionally be required for specific events or meetings.
Must be eligible to work in the USA without sponsorship. May be subject to criminal background checks.
40 hours/week non-exempt hourly
Apply for This Position