Marketing Product Specialist
Five years ago, Diesel Laptops began selling diagnostic hardware kits out of its founder’s garage. Fast forward to 2020, and 150 employees are generating $40 million in sales from our new headquarters in Irmo, SC (Columbia, SC metro area). We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
We currently have an immediate opening for a Marketing Product Specialist to join our team. The Marketing Product Specialist will report directly to the Marketing Manager. The ideal candidate should be a competent marketing and communications professional able to grasp consumer behavior trends and generate creative ideas, as well as be well-versed in specialized marketing concepts, principles, and tactics. They will work with and support the Marketing Team in the overall marketing efforts of Diesel Laptops brands and verticals by developing and executing marketing plans to reach targets from brand awareness to product promotion.
In our efforts to keep everyone at Diesel Laptops safe and healthy we are abiding by the health and safety precautions recommended by the CDC and the WHO to help prevent the transmission and/or contraction of COVID – 19 by social distancing, providing face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and temperature checks to all employees working on site.
- Conduct market/competitor research to find answers about industry requirements, habits, and trends
- Brainstorm, develop, and report ideas for creative marketing campaigns
- Assist in outbound or inbound marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas (content development and optimization, advertising, events planning etc.)
- Develop, get approval for, and execute promotional events and campaigns
- Collaborate with front end developers to coordinate brand awareness and marketing efforts
- Plan, get approval for, and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, e-mail, etc.)
- Track, analyze, and develop improvement plans for marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies
- Acts as a go-to resource for up-to-date, accurate research and market information
- Undertake individual tasks of a marketing plan as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, high volume, fast-paced environment
- The following technical skills are also required:
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/Social media etc.) and market research methods
- Demonstrable experience in marketing data analytics and tools
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, marketing software (Adobe Creative Suite & CRM) and applications (Web analytics, Google AdWords etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and web development tools desired
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Commercial awareness partnered with a creative mind
2 – 5 years’ experience in one or more marketing roles
College degree in Marketing or Mass Communication preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000 - $55,000 / yr.