Production Technician / Technical Support Specialist
We currently have an immediate opening for a Production Technician / IT Support Specialist to join our team. The Production Technician / IT Support Specialist will report directly to the Operations Manager. This is a transitional role. They will follow a process that includes performing remote software installation on our client’s computers, accurately documenting their work, and reporting any issues to management. As a Technical Support Specialist, the candidate will report directly to the IT Manager. They will assist customers by phone, email, or chat. They will also research, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to our client’s computer hardware and software issues.
In our efforts to keep everyone at Diesel Laptops safe and healthy we are abiding by the recommendations suggested by the CDC and the WHO by social distancing, providing face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and temperature checks to all employees working on site.
Bilingual English / Spanish speaking candidates (Preferred)
- Provide first-level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues
- Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support
- Track, route, and redirect problems to correct resources
- Update customer data
- Walk customers through the problem-solving process
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback, and see problems through to resolution
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customer’s expectations
- Ensure proper recording, documentation, and closure on all work tickets
- Adhere to procedure modifications or improvements
- Preserve and grow knowledge of help desk procedures, products, and services
- Strong background with computers, either through previous work experience or education
- Customer service oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of software installation process
- General troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Willing to learn product-specific troubleshooting
- Must be a team player
Associate or bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent certification preferred.
$15.00 - $18.00 / hour