Technical Support Specialist
We are Diesel Laptops, one of South Carolina’s fastest-growing companies! Founded in 2015, Diesel Laptops has grown from 1 employee to 175 employees and nearly $50,000,000 in annual sales in just 6 short years. After outgrowing several buildings, we’ve now put down roots in Irmo, SC, where this position will be based. We’re currently an industry leader in providing diagnostic solutions to fleets and repair shops. Whether it’s on-highway (like tractor-trailers), off-highway (like cranes and similar heavy equipment), or marine (like powerboats), if it has a diesel engine, we help fix it by providing world- quality diagnostic kits, repair information, parts information, and related training services.
We are frequently looking for Technical Support Specialists to join our team. The Technical Support Specialist will report directly to the IT Manager. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting customers over the phone, chat, and email. They will conduct research and assist customers with identifying and troubleshooting their hardware and software issues and provide them with a swift resolution.
In our efforts to keep everyone at Diesel Laptops safe and healthy we are abiding by the health and safety precautions recommended by the CDC and the WHO to help prevent the transmission and/or contraction of COVID – 19 by social distancing, providing face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and temperature checks to all employees working on site.
- Provide first-level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues.
- Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support
- Track, route, and redirect problems to correct resources.
- Update customer data and produce activity reports.
- Walk customers through the problem-solving process.
- Follow up with customers and provide feedback.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations.
- Ensure proper recording, documentation, and closure.
- Recommended procedure modifications or improvements
- Preserve and grow knowledge of help desk procedures, products, and services.
- Strong background with computers, either through previous work experience or education
- Bilingual in English and Spanish languages is a plus.
- Customer service oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of software installation process
- General troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Willing to learn product-specific troubleshooting.
- Must be a team player.
Strong background in computers, either through previous work experience or education.
Bachelors or associate’s degree in Information Technology or Equivalent Certification (Preferred).
$15.00 - $17.00 / hour