Trainer (Dallas, Texas)
We currently have a need for a Trainer to join our team due to our continued rapid sales growth. This job involves a mixture of training new and existing course material, as well as developing and maintaining new course material for the Diesel Laptops training department. The ideal candidate will work as part of a team on short term and long-term projects dedicated to creating the best curriculum for our growing customer base. To ensure success, they must have sufficient knowledge of diesel diagnostics. This is an in-store position at our new Dallas, Texas satellite location.
- Developing classroom course material for new Diesel Laptops classes via PowerPoint presentations
- Designing and developing lab materials and hands on labs for the in-person training classes
- Training Diesel Laptops material for in-person full and half day classes
- Scheduling reoccurring webinars via the online training website
- Training weekly webinars on various diagnostic software
- Performing customer on-site training courses at various customer locations
- Perform managerial duties such as opening and closing the facility as well some light HR duties such as onboarding new employees as assigned.
- Diesel Industry knowledge geared towards diagnostics
- Must be proficient with multiple diagnostic software and computer skills
- Must have a high knowledge of diagnostic procedures and skills in the diesel field, such as electrical diagnostics, aftertreatment diagnostics, and communication diagnostics
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally and exhibit appropriate social skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information and professional boundaries
- Must have excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to understand and ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and laws
- 8+ years’ experience in the Diesel Repair Industry as a technician or instructor
- Volvo/Mack, Kenworth, and Peterbilt experience is a plus
- College degree in Diesel Technology or similar fields is preferred but not required.
- ASE certifications a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000 /year