CAT Comm 3 Adapter Drivers v3.5

Oct 18, 2019 - 6:45 AM

Viewed 16734 times

• I've had several clients connect with me on various platforms asking for the drivers for the CAT Communication Adapter 3, or better known as CAT Comm III. Here is version 3.5 drivers. If I find a newer version, I will make sure to upload them here.

https://diesellaptops.files.com/f/3e9a00b848b51243

• Hi...I am thinking it must be a driver issue but I am not computer savvy enough to work it out, I was looking on the internet and there were a few diagnosis but I've tried everything in my power with no luck I am sure there is an explanation but I am not sure who can help?

https://www.7pcb.com/

This post was edited Jun 26, 2020 04:49PM
  • can you share the cat comm driver again. Link doesn't work anymore thanks

• Latest version is the Communication Adapter 3 2023 A, often referred to as CA3.
    How to using CAT Communication Adapter 3 for On-Highway Trucks and ALLISON Transmission

157-4829 Adapter Cable Assembly (SAE to CAT ® CAN/ATA)

On-Highway Truck (Caterpillar Engine/ C-13 and Cummins Engine Signature/ISX), and ALLISON Transmission (4700RDS)

Today, I was trying to testing the connection between 9-Pin Deutsch SAE Standard Heavy-Duty Truck Connector, using CAT Comm Adapter 3 with 157-4829 Adapter Cable Assembly. Usually, I was using Nexiq USB-Link (USB-Link or USB-Link 2) Adapter...

1). Please make an order for 157-4829Adapter Cable Assembly.
    CAT Engine C-13
    2). Connect 157-4829 Adapter to Diagnostic Connector, then using CAT Communication Adapter 3 to your PC/ Laptop (refer to Figure 1.1 and 1.2 above).
    3). Open your CAT ET Software, and it will automatically connect to the ECM.
    LLISON Transmission 4700RDS
    4). I've also checked the connection to ALLISON Transmission 4700RDS using ALLISON DOC Software, through this Diagnostic Port (refer to Figure 1.1 and 1.2 above).
    a). Checked Data Bus Viewer, to make sure all the data being sent through the communications link.
    b). Click on F4-Connect, and deselect the SmartConnect, then click Connect button.
    c). On Communications Adapter Setup, click Advanced button, then select Adapter to Caterpillar CA3.
    →4th Gen TCM - Protocol J1939
    →5th Gen TCM - Protocol CAN-For 5th Gen TCMs

d). Attempting to connect to ALLISON Transmission, using Caterpillar CA3 - J1939.
    →4th Gen TCM
    -Attempting to connect.
    →5th Gen TCM
    -Transmission Connect warning message: click Accept to continue connection.

-Attempting to connect.

-Connected successfully: DTC and General Information.

Cummins Signature/ISX Engine
    4). Open Cummins INSITE Software, and choose Connection Settings. Select Vendor to Caterpillar, Adapter to Caterpillar CA3, and Protocol to Auto Detect, then click Datalink Adapter Connection Test to verify (Please make sure that the Datalink Adapter is connected to an ECM and the key switch is ON).
    -ECM Connection Wizard (Connection Settings).

If you have any other questions, Email: www.cnautotool.com