The NEXIQ Blue-Link is a mobile vehicle interface that enables you to use either your iOS or Android devices (e.g., smartphones or tablets) to communicate with heavy-duty vehicles for quick access to basic diagnostic information. It plugs into the vehicle’s diagnostic connector and provides wireless communication with on-board electronic control units.
When used in conjunction with First-Link™, the new mobile app from NEXIQ Technologies, the NEXIQ Blue-Link becomes a triage tool for drivers and service technicians of commercial vehicles and equipment. First-Link provides features that help drivers connect their mobile devices to the vehicle’s diagnostic port; they also monitor the vehicle’s health status and increase the vehicle’s uptime. If, for example, a Check Engine Light is illuminated, the app assists the driver to understand the cause so that he can seek assistance if needed (i.e., service and repair). Later back at the shop, service technicians can utilize the information gathered by the application to aid in vehicle service and repair.
The First-Link™ App Is Available on the App Store and on Google Play
- Small—fits in your pocket
- Wireless—no cables required
- Reliable Bluetooth communication
- Fast—lets you quickly gather a snapshot of vehicle statistics
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices (pairs easily with both)
- Provides the ability to export vehicle health reports generated by First-Link™ to Navistar's OnCommand® Connection.
- Integrated 16-pin and 9-pin Deutsch connectors
- Simple, one-button design to put the device in Discovery mode
- RP1227 support
Vehicle Network Protocol Support
- 3 CAN Channels (CAN / J1939 / ISO15765 - 250K, 1Mb/s with Auto Baud detection
- Wireless Certifications—FCC (US), IC (Canada), CE (European Union), TELEC (Japan), KCC (Korea)
- EMC Certifications—EN 301 489-1:V1.9.2 (2011-09), EN 301 489-17:V2.2.1 (2012-09)
- Safety Certifications—EN 60950-1:2006 (2nd Ed.) + Am 1:2010 + Am 2:2013